Monday, June 2, 2008

We have a blog? And cellulite.

Well, my dear, sweet sister Shirley just reminded me that we have a blog! So, I'll add to it today.

Today I'm going to begin the never ending quest of getting back in shape. What IS "in shape" anyway? I swear after you get married everything drops and spreads. It's inevitable. It's like you get married then BAM! you gain a pound. Before you even make it to the reception probably. I've found cellulite in places I didn't even know could get cellulite! And everyone tells me just goes downhill from there. Now, this is not really something that I'm obsessed with. I decided long ago I'd probably eventually gain weight and get that doughy "mom" look that 9 out of 10 women experience and that other 1 person is the one nobody likes anyway. But I decided last Saturday after heading to Golden Coral with Jonathon and his grandma and after stuffing myself with at least 4 helpings and then the third time back from the dessert bar that it's just plain unhealthy. I was fortunate enough to take anatomy and physiology classes last semester. These were such interesting classes, really, very fascinating. And I learned in depth about all the dangers of many healthy problems people are experiencing today. These are problems caused by everyday things that everyone knows about but just doesn't think it needs to be a concern for them or that it will ever happen to them for that matter. AND with watching all the forensic files/murder investigation shows that I do, I want to be able to outrun anybody that tries to kidnap me! And be able to beat them up with one hit. POW! Who cares if something sags or you get a dimple here or there, the fact of the matter is that I want to be able to live and experience life to the fullest for as long as I can. With my habits I've fallen into the last year or so, I don't feel like I could do that. So, with that said, I'm aiming to try and just be a little bit better day by day. Take only one brownie instead of two. Have an apple for a snack instead of my fig newtons. Each moment can be a huge accomplishment if you treat it as such. So even if I go for a run one morning when I ate the whole box of cookies the night before, I will be proud of myself for that run and say "Kudos to you Nancy!" People don't give themselves enough credit and applause as they deserve for the everyday mini-triumphs.

I must be very passionate to be able to write so much on the matter. Or just too lazy to finally get up and start my day. Treadmill, here I come. (Imagine the Rocky theme now...)

:)





Below is a picture of adipose tissue a.k.a. fat. Other tissue in the body are tiny compared to these big ol honkers! Just thought this would be interesting for anyone interested.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Shirley said...

You don't have cellulite! And even if you do, you're still a size 4.. smaller in some pants! I wish I was you all the time. You are sexy and two brownies won't change that! :)

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

WHAT IS THAT?!!! EWW adipose tissue on your blog! I put pictures of me and my husband, you know? What we've been up to, any hot topics...but not a picture of adipose tissue. I will help you through this Nancy. You can join a support group and we will be able to get this blog up and going in no time!