Monday, February 9, 2009

Cool School

For those who don't know, I am currently attending the Utah College of Dental Hygiene. I just finished my first semester and am happy to say I survived - yay! I have been learning so much and having a lot of fun all the while. I've made a lot of great friends too - like Lana! She's helping me make this blog right now! She's so great!!
I love everything about dental hygiene. I really love my school. I've never felt that anything fit me and my personality more than this. And everyone and everything about the school contributes to it. If there was a single person missing from this class, it would not be as great of a class as it is. Everyone adds their own little special spice to the school and together it makes.. like a really yummy soup! I have had the best experience! I feel so lucky to be at this school right now and be able to be going into such a great field that I love so much.
Some of the many things I've learned are: how to flip a flippy frog at least 4 feet across the table (sometimes even with a ramp), how to steal people's papers and secretly get it back to them without them ever knowing how it mysteriously appeared, how to break a big black chair, how to turn off the powerpoint on my computer without ever even touching it (thanks to Linzee's magic little Mac remote! ha!), how to make little people out of gum, learned how to highlight my entire book (Thanks Brent!), how to pick out the BEST Christmas Sweaters, how to speak Spanish in a Pinch (Habla un poco de espanol con esto tarjeta), how to prank call people during class, how to put small gloves into people's big glove boxes and make them think they have defective gloves, and how to make soothing ocean sounds with the suction... Ahhh, so many great times in my first semester of school!!
Here are some pictures of good ol' fashioned, everyday fun at school:
This is me as a lobster for Halloween.
Me demonstrating how to properly clean Lana's teeth
Me and CUTE Audrey! The most adorable person in the entire world! I was blessed with great neighbors for my first semester with Audrey and Lana. :) love them! We learned about ergonomics and keeping good posture during appointments...I'm still working on it.

"I lof skool!" -Lana Hansen

***SPECIAL THANKS TO LANA FOR ALL HER HELP WITH THIS POST!***

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Yay!!! now you just need to get a good blog list going so you can visit other's blogs and comment on them so they know you have one and they'll come comment on yours. :)

P.S. You're a nut! I'm glad you're learning so much about dental hygiene in school. :)

whitneytherose said...

Thats so cute Nancy! You need to clean my teeth! They need it and I need you!