Jonathon and I are on our second round of teaching the 12-14 year old Sunday School class at our church. We absolutely love this calling and those kids. I am so impressed by their innocence and desire to be good. Even the trouble-makers and loud-mouths say things that make me smile and teach me wonderful lessons.
Today we taught a lesson on Immorality and it made me sad thinking about them ever having to go through a tough time or falling into that kind of sin. ANY sin, but especially that one because it is such a powerful thing that can be used in both bad and good ways. I just want them to stay young and not have to go through those hard experiences that cause so much sadness. I want them to make good choices and be successful in life. I know, I know "Just wait until you have kids!" and I know with my own kids it'll be ten times harder. Luckily, we get some "practice rounds" through callings!
Heavenly Father really does know what is best for us and He wants us to be happy. We need to have a stronger desire to follow Him and be better so we can be examples to others and help lift them up.
1 comment:
NANCY!! hello :) haha i found your blog link on Nat's blog and your blog is very cute! what a fun life you have! haha i'm glad you are doing so good! miss ya!
Post a Comment