
...when it is done right.
And the people at the dental office of Richard Ellis II and Richard Ellis III know how to do it right!!
I've got to work Fridays at this office for the last 9 months. I have worked Monday-Friday since January and me and Jonathon joke that my weekend begins on THURSDAY night because I just LOVE being at the Ellis's on Fridays so much! It honestly doesn't feel like work at all.
I wanted to share a cool thing from this last Friday.
About four months ago, I got the chance to do a "deep cleaning/Scaling and Root Planing" on a patient from Australia who has not had dental care in quite some time. After the initial visit, these patients come back every 3-4 months for a "periodontal maintenance" cleaning to keep the disease away. I was excited to see his name on the schedule since he was such an interesting, fun guy!
When I laid the chair back and had him open on up, I mentioned how his gums looked much healthier since his first visit and there was a lot less build up- (This makes hygienists VERY happy! In a way I can't explain through this blog! He responded saying:
"Well, I haven't had a cigarette since our last appointment! This time I quit for ME, and that's made all the difference."
I couldn't believe it. I was SO PROUD. And I couldn't stop noticing/commenting on how much healthier his mouth was because of it. He'd also been using a WaterPik daily and trying to floss throughout the week too which of course helps too!
It is times like this that I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I get this chance to be a dental hygienist and meet such awesome people. And to be able to SEE the positive effects I have on them! I can't believe I get to be so lucky to have this career that is so perfect for me in so many ways and especially to have been able to work with the Ellis's to show me my potential by their confidence in me. I will be forever grateful.
OH! And if you ever need a dentist, I will recommend them a million times- they are the best!
2 comments:
Nanc NO WAY!!! That is our (old) Bishop!!! We don't live in that ward anymore but we still love him!!! What an awesome guy to work with :) Tell him we say hi!
This is beautiful, Nancy!!! It is great to have chosen a field that you actually enjoy and get paid for doing it. Much love, Grandma and GRandpa Roush
Post a Comment