I am leaving the place I've called "home" for the last 13 years of my life. So many loved ones. My mom. Grandma Richards. Grandpa and Grandma Roush. My sister Shirley, her husband Jared, and the two cutest nephews in the world. My brother Steven. My WARD family that helped raise me in many ways (too many people to name.. they are all amazing-- I have to give one special shout out to Patty Steadman who gave me a free plane ticket to get up to WA in the first place! She said her company had an extra that would expire next month and go to waste and wondered if I wanted it. I couldn't believe how sweet and thoughtful that was! Thank you soo much Patty!!!) So many friends and familiar faces and people I've come to love. Wonderful dentists and assistants I've gotten to work with. Sighhh. :( Makes me want to cry!!
And yet, at the same time, I am SO EXCITED to begin the next phase of life. I'm excited to step out of the "poor college student" phase. I'm excited to move into a new little apartment that we can DECORATE (I AM SO EXCITED TO FINALLY DECORATE!!!!!) and make our own. Excited to be close to my Dad and little brother Nolan. I'm excited to get to live with Bob and Susie and catch up on the last four years we've been so far away. I'm excited to begin a whole new life and try new things.
Some things on my list:
-Sewing classes
-Spanish classes
-New work out classes
-Possibly TEACHING work-out classes
-Learning how to be a missionary! :)
-Learning how to be a better cook
-Becoming a better BLOGGER
(My sister told me that if I'm moving to WA, I have to be better with my blog! I thought that was a pretty fair trade. :)
-Picking fresh wild blackberries and learning how to make blackberry pie
-Becoming licensed to do FILLINGS in both WA and OR
-Getting to spend more time with Jonathon
-I've been really excited to get to go for Northwest walks with him and have BBQs
-Make new little married friends
I have so many pictures stored somewhere I want to share. And WILL share as soon as I find them. OH- add that to my list:
-FINISH PHOTOBOOKS/SCRAPBOOKS!
-My Grandma Richards said she can't think of me without crying. And yet, she is so happy for me to begin this fun adventure! That is how I feel too.
It is such a bittersweet experience. I know that moving is the right thing to do for us. It's been one of those things we've both planned on for years without ever even having to discuss it. And it's all worked out so perfectly. So UNBELIEVABLY perfectly.
Jonathon will be working for Sentry Insurance as a Business Products Account Manager (I'm not quite sure what this means yet..) covering the Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA territory. He has a job WAITING for him upon graduation. Are you kidding me?! How amazing!
And I was able to work full-time Monday through Friday the last year gaining experience and learning so much. I worked at the greatest office in the world and.. the not so greatest office in the world and appreciate my experience at both.
Many times I've felt almost like we've received TOO many blessings. I don't feel deserving of all of this. And I know this is sad to say, but at times I even feel like I'm just waiting for something bad to happen since there is just so much GOOD in my life. I wish I could give it away to some people I know who have struggled and deserve some goodness in their lives too.
Well, now I'm just babbling. The main point is that I'm going to miss my home and it will forever be home to me. And I am excited for what lies ahead in my future, hand in hand with my wonderful husband.
:)
2 comments:
I love you. And I will miss you so much. But I understand what it means to start your life. I hope things are smooth sailing and there aren't any bumps in the road for you guys and you can enjoy this new freedom of no school and no kids yet! :) And visit, lots!!
Nancy, I am SO excited for you! change is so good, and needed and I just know you are going to love it her in the NW. What part of washington are you moving to? We should get together sometime! Good luck with the move and everything :)
Post a Comment