I have many things in my life that I LOVE and think "I wish I could share this with more people so they can be this happy too." Well, today is your lucky day! Here are a few of my "favorite things:"
My light alarm clock:
Starts getting bright 30 minutes before the alarm goes off so it is like daylight in my room when I need to get up.
My warm, cute, Black Friday Coat
My brown boots (prown poots) and sailor shoes
Thanks Grandma Richards- awesome birthday present!!
My running shoes:
These puppies helped me run my marathon
Jewelry:
-polar bear earrings
(from my dad when we went to Yellowstone 6 years ago)
-classic pearl earrings
-My Lucky necklace
(A 'Jasper' rock- got it at Martin's Cove with Grandpa and Grandma Roush.. it represents strength, courage, and power to hold on when times are tough)
-"Choose Happiness" necklace
(My sister Shirley gave it to me for Christmas-
I LOVE IT!!!!)
My "50s Cat Eye" fire red glasses
:::BEAUTY SECTION:::
HAIR SUPPLIES:
(From left to right:)
Purple shampoo- brightens up blonde hair in a snap! (Generic Brand)
-Texturizing spray (Beyond the Zone)
-Dry shampoo (BedHead.. but I have TONS- all brands work great!)
**I cannot express how much I LOVE dry shampoo and every woman should own some!!!!**
-"Surf Spray" (Bumble and Bumble)
-Volumizing Hair powder (Got2B)
-Boar bristle teasing brush (from Sally's)
Remington Pearl Curling Wand
AWESOME!! Spritz with hair spray and it makes perfect waves or curls:
-Diamond Clean Sonicare toothbrush
and Reach Gum Care floss
I LOVE this tb and this is honestly the BEST floss to help with sensitive, bleeding gums
Daily disposable contact lenses
Bausch and Lombe
I used to have really dry, itchy eyes until I tried these four years ago.
Since then, I've tried "newer, better (aka more expensive)" contacts but they didn't compare to these.
:::MAKE UP:::
I don't use all of these EVERYDAY, but they are all awesome in certain times.
I just discovered most of these pretty recently-
Jonathon gave me a "go to the mall and have your make up done and then buy whatever they suggest" present for Christmas (I know, he is the greatest!!!!) I've always bought the cheap drugstore stuff so I was excited and bought a bunch of fancy make up. I couldn't believe how it was SO EXPENSIVE, yet didn't seem to work much better than what I was using before. So, I went on a quest to find the best make up. It's not PERFECT, but I've made some great finds!!
What I discovered about make up:
Spending more MONEY does NOT always mean you're getting a better product.
I actually found I don't like Mac much but LOVE LOVE LOVE the Hard Candy brand from Walmart and save SO MUCH $$MONEY$$, yet most of the stuff works just as good or even BETTER than the expensive brand!
What I discovered about make up:
Spending more MONEY does NOT always mean you're getting a better product.
I actually found I don't like Mac much but LOVE LOVE LOVE the Hard Candy brand from Walmart and save SO MUCH $$MONEY$$, yet most of the stuff works just as good or even BETTER than the expensive brand!
From left to right:
-Mac Fix powder foundation
(great for on-the-go quick fixes and pretty good coverage) 9/10
-Hard Candy "welcome Home Matte" powder
(I use it for shine in my T-zone to set my foundation for the day) 8/10
-Hard Candy "Undercover" under eye concealer
(I love this! It brightens and conceals well without settling in the lines) 9/10
-Laura Mercier smooth foundation
(Perfect "dewy" look- not too much, not too little coverage BUT smells weird! Jonno hates that) 9/10
-Hard Candy tinted moisturizer
(I use this most everyday- perfect coverage for just everyday looks) 8/10
-CoverGirl NatureLuxe foundation
(This is the BEST drugstore foundation- comparable to Laura Mercier-- but $40 cheaper!!) 8/10
-Hard Candy Glamoflouge concealer
(Great for covering blemishes and scars- pretty thick texture so not good for under eyes) 7/10
Eye make up:
From left to right:
-Mac Creme shimmer highlighter
(I use it on the brow bone, bridge of the nose, and cheek bones to highlight.. 7/10
It is 'OK' but I wouldn't spend the money for this again- I'd rather buy the cheaper Hard Candy brand)
-Mac finisher gel
(I apply it lightly after my foundation to help with oil control between my eye brows doing Dental Hygiene each day
-It works 'OK' but again, not well enough for the cost of $25) 5/10
-Mac face primer
(Wouldn't buy again.. works OK but not any better than one from Walmart!) 5/10
-Wet n' Wild MegaGlo
(LOVE this blush!!! Perfect amount of color with a sheer dewy glow.. not sparkly, but shimmers lightly) 9/10
-Mac Bronzing powder
(I do like this- it is not too dark, not too light- looks very natural) 9/10
(Back to front)
-Wet n' Wild eye wand (eye shadow and liner combo)
(love the quick, easy color for on the go!) 7/10
-Maybelline eyebrow pencil
(basic ol' brow pencil... great!) 8/10
-Wet n wild dark brown eyeliner
(basic ol' liner.. great!) 9/10
Hard Candy baked eye shadow
LOVE this.. awesome dewy pretty color! 10/10
-Double Extend mascara
(Works AWESOME - looks almost like false lashes. I use it only when I wanna get more dressed up because it is struggily to remove- warm water to remove the lil tubules) 9/10
HEAT AND WARMTH:
My PERFECT comfy red cuddly, snugly blanket my Mom gave me many years ago
....
AND my most favorite of alllllllllll
JONNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love him!
My floor heater!
I LOVE instant heat!! This thing is my best friend in the winter.
Favorites.. Honorable Mentions (but no pictures right now...)
-My blue robe:
Keeps me warm and comfy- a D.I. special for $3 last year!
-My PLUM nail polish
-Tace Bell Double Decker Supremes
-Watermelon
-Mexican food
-Anne of Green Gables book
-Soma muscle relaxer
-Jonno
-Cosmo
-My wedding ring
-Taylor Swift "The Best Day" song
-Candy
-Kroger Popcorn
WELL, I hope you all enjoyed a peek at my favorite things! I recommend most all of them so let me know if you have any questions about it! My blogging posts decrease significantly when I don't have a camera... or my own laptop.
-My laptop broke and we haven't got it fixed yet :(
I'll try to get a camera and some updated pictures sooner than later. Bye!








4 comments:
What a fun post! I can't believe the make up section. I wish I was better with it. Do my make up the next we see each other, k? :)
You are a cool model to display things like "The Price is Right" LOL. I love you.
I am happy you LOVE the blanket. I love it, too and let you have it because I want you to be happy.
Thank you for sharing things you show.
I miss you AND I miss to chat with you :(
This was fun to read! I've heard that everyone LOVES dry shampoo but it doesn't work for me. My hair is SO greasy after just one day and I wanted to try the dry shampoo. After the 1st one didn't work, I bought 2 more but it still leaves my hair so gross! I wish it worked for me. :(
How fun! Thanks for all the make up ideas!
Post a Comment