Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pacific Crest Half Marathon

Baby Huckvale ran its first race (kangaroo style as my father in law Bob put it).  Jonathon and I went down to Sun River, Oregon with Jonathon's parents to run the Pacific Crest Half Marathon - 13.1 miles.  We are sore today, but it was a lot of fun and so beautiful there! We'll definitely be back!

One of the sites along the trail at Sun River


Nancy, Baby Huck, Jonathon, Bob, Susie before the race


Jonno and Nancy before!
(A lot of these pictures turned out pretty dark - I did what I could to lighten them and salvage what I could!)

One of the MANY pictures and videos we got from the camera
while it was inside Jonathon's pocket while we were running- haha!
                                     
Right after we finished - we DID OT!!
(Another dark picture :(  )
Victorious!
Bob and Susie after they finished
They did awesome! Susie's first half.



I love him so much!
This was his first big race since running cross country in high school. I'm so proud of him!
(That is a giant beer keg behind us- ha)


Jonno after the race finished - haha!
We were so sore- all we wanted to do was lay/sit and stretch out.
Our knees were KILLING us the first day and luckily were fine day 2.
However, our hips, quads, and hammies were prettttty tight day 2. We limped all around!
Side shot of Baby Huck
16 1/2 weeks old
Coming along!
Napping in the car on our drive home
We had a 3 hour and 45 minute drive home to Camas after the race.
I was driving and couldn't go any further. We pulled over for me to get a quick nap and after 15 minutes I was set!
Jonathon said I looked so cute so he took this photo. :)
We were both unfit to drive! Luckily this plus a Burger King ice cream cone did the trick to get us home!

   We stopped to eat at a Mexican place in Redmond where Susie nearly fainted and was what Jonathon       diagnosed as "DE-SALT-ZENIZED!" so she laid down on the floor in the restaurant.  
        The server was very concerned! But she was a trooper and survived to tell the tale.



We LOVED Sun River and can't wait to go back and explore it more when we've got more time.  


3 comments:

Shirley said...

So fun!! I am happy you blogged about it because Baby Huck is going to love reading how awesome his parents are, especially his mommy! You are amazing and so inspiring.

Lisa said...

I love to see your tummy :-) Tell the baby to say hello for me. Love Grandma Lisa

I am happy all of you went and do marathon!!!

Last time I saw you full marathon at Provo. I am proud of you because you did made it!!!

Keep continue marathon!!! Stay good shape your body :)

Let me know girl or boy???? good Luck

Love Mom

Andrea said...

Nancy...you and Jonathan are such an adorable couple. Thanks for sharing your blog address with me =)