Sunday, October 20, 2013

BABY SHOWER in Utah

I flew down to Utah last weekend to have a baby shower with my Utah friends and family.
It was SO FUN!

I LOVED seeing my old friends and family I haven't seen in so long. I cannot believe I have been blessed over the years to be surrounded by such great people.  I had a permanent smile on my face because everyone that came in through the door was someone I've loved and have great memories with.

Thank you to everyone who came and made it such a special day. Baby Teddy and I felt the love!!
THANK YOU!!!!!


My grandma Ann Richards threw the party and hosted it at her house.  Everything about it was perfect!
She decorated cute and had just the right amount of yummy food.  

Me with my "Mom to be" sash my Grandma got me :)
Popping at 31 weeks!

Yummy food:
chicken salad sandwiches, cookies, veggies, crackers and cheese dip.

Little "Thank you" buckets of candy and mini pacifiers Grandma made - so cute!

Anyone who knows my mom knows how great she is at taking pictures and recording memories/events. Today was no different. :)

Here is everyone who came:

Kirsti and her mom Shannon Anjeweirden
-Kirsti got me my first REAL dental hygiene job that I LOVED in Utah at Dr. Ellis' office in SLC.
She is amazing and can do anything. I'll forever be grateful for her for getting me that job.

My BFF from high school Dayna! I hadn't seen her in YEARS and it was soo great to see her!!
My first memory is us driving down to the dunes in the middle of the night and almost hitting a deer and me screaming but Dayna staying so calm and driving great! AND our Tigger dance moves video!! Hahah!

Kerri, Lexie, Kaylee, and Summer Richards - my aunt and cousins.
One of my favorite families! 

Ward sisters!!  I LOVE my home ward!
Cathleen Frome, Karen Stoker, Janice Kerby.
I was raised by some GREAT women.

TACO!!!!!
One of my favorite goalies from lacrosse.
We were cold at practice one day and rolled all together to make a taco. Somehow she got the nickname Taco and I became Cheese. 


Whitney and Madison Hogge
-Madison was in mine and Jonathon's 12-14 year old Sunday School class we taught a long time ago.  We LOVED her and her twin brother Taylor.  We really bonded with them and have missed them but have loved watching them grow up and seeing all they become and do!  

Katie and Anna Sieverts and Baby Jane
-I LOVE the Sieverts family!! Katie is due with her little boy just four days after me! She's adorable and Anna was the person who inspired me to run a marathon.  They are both so cool!

Seeing my brother Steven for the first time since June

Steven and Natalie
-My brother and sister-in-law.  It was fun having Steven there and everyone loved seeing him and catching up too.  It was also nice for him to interpret for my mom while I was opening presents. And Natalie is gorgeous and so sweet and nice.  She helped take and organize all the presents for me as I opened them :) Thanks Natalie!

The Montagues:  Sandy, Cassie, Kylee, and Megan
I told Sandy she's always been one of my favorite aunts. When I was younger I thought she was so nice and cool and always made me feel LOVED. She is such a light. And I got to spend some time with Cassie at Grandpa Roush's birthday party in June and she is so cute and fun.



Me and my "favorite aunt" Cynthia who made the BEST mint cookies I've EVER TASTED!!

Grandma Roush - sweetest. She gave a great scrapbook for Teddy's first year. I am so excited to fill it with pictures!

Liz Frome
-She is like a model.  We were best friends in elementary school and we played basketball together!

Patty Steadman - love her!  She knows all about having BOYS (she's got four of her own!)




My cousin Michelle
-She came with her mom Penni. I loved hanging out with her kids at Grandpa Roush's birthday party in June and even pulled her daughter's tooth!

Marci LeBaron Watson and Suzi Pehrson Salisbury!!!
They are both so awesome! I LOVE THEM!  






Christmas Day outfit from my mom :) So cute! And tiny!



Karen Stoker gave us a little polka dot Piggy Bank and even got the piggy bank started! What a great idea!!
Judy Miller stopped by for a second. Her husband is the bishop of my old home ward now. 

My mom and HER baby!


Can you tell she is excited?


Another childhood best friend, Natalie! And she even brought her tiny, perfect little twins!! And her Mom Elaine.
They are ADORABLE! She gave me lots of good advice for bathing the baby and a baby tub. 





Ally Law!  I was in band with her in high school. We went on band tour together at Disneyland and whenever I was around it smelled like churros so she called me Churro after that. Ha! 

Grandma Ann
The party animal who made it all happen.
THANKS GRANDMA!!!!
She loved it too. She said she loved watching my face light up whenever each new person came through the door and I got to hug them :)

ALMOST 4 generations :)

2 comments:

R Van Shaar said...

Hey Nancy, clearly we never talked enough because we would have figured out that we have the SAME HOME WARD. No joke! I don't know how we missed it. My mom and dad lived in that ward for 30 years before moving out in 1996 to their current place. Joe Miller was our home teacher for AGES. Where did you live?

Congrats on the baby, by the way! You are going to make a fantastic mother. :)

--Robyn Van Shaar

Lynsie Overman said...

Ohhhh nancy you are going to be the cutest mom! and you look GREAT holding three babies! Ryker, Cierra and baby teddy! haha I love your outfit, cute mama! Can't wait to see pictures of the babe!