Friday, December 27, 2013

Teddy's birth story of photos (Part one)

After taking a few classes and doing research, I decided on a waterbirth.  It was at PeaceHealth Southwest Hospital in Vancouver, Washington. I had a midwife through Elan Midwifery (Elina and Betsy).   Overall it was a great experience and I am glad we did it.

Teddy was born December 17th, 2013 at 2:13 pm weighing 7 lbs 15 oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches long. He's been a GREAT baby and we are so excited to have him in our lives. 

My mom came out from Utah to stay with me for three weeks.  She was here a week before Teddy was born and stayed for nearly two weeks following. She was INCREDIBLE. I can't believe how much she helped out while she was here and we had so much fun. Jonathon and I LOVED having her here and will really miss her.  She is the person to thank for nearly ALL of these pictures - she does a great job recording the memories!  

The time period of "Teddy's birth" felt like it began the week before he actually arrived for two reasons: 1) I started my maternity leave from work. I'd been working 45 hours a week and was really looking forward to my three month break!  2) my mom flew in from Utah!

Here are some photos from PRE-TEDDY:
Going for a walk-
Jonno, Cosmo, and I love walking and I walked up until the last day of my pregnancy.
I attribute my health and energy and also Teddy's good health to this-
Also I think that's why Teddy LOVES moving so much!  It's the only way he falls asleep.

Mom and me
By this point of pregnancy, you begin to get creative finding
outfits that FIT! :)
Staying classy and warm in my sweats.

We found Lisa's salsa at the store! Mom was pretty excited, even though she doesn't like "spicy"

Getting our hair done by the great Hillary Gillespie
"BEFORE"
"AFTER"
Merry Christmas, Mom! 










"Where's Teddy??" -Mom
"I don't know!" -Nancy
Waiting for Teddy to come and writing Thank You's




Two days past my due date so my mom put me to work!
Cleaning her teeth



Mom writing in Chinese
"Mountain"
My friend Amy and her daughter Runhzi
They love Cosmo! They taught us how to write
in Chinese:



Getting those porks rubbed!
Just what I needed- and my toes looked cute
during delivery!
(I LOVE being able to see my toes again
and not being so SWOLLEN now!!!!)


We got pedicures
Susie, Jonathon (the headless man in
the middle- he was relaxing with a hot
towel :), Nancy, and my Mom taking
the picture


Lots of hikes and walks with Nancy, Jonno,
Cosmo, and my Mom Lisa.
We LOVE nature and this beautiful forest
that is right in our backyard.
This is literally 20 seconds from my house. 

Mom became a tree-hugger while she was here in the Northwest!


Giving Teddy a kiss- muah!

Mom at "Mystic Meadows"
Isn't it beautiful?



Resting looking out at the lake

Nancy and Mom at Lacamas Lake

Mom and I stopped by to visit the Washington State
School for the Deaf in Vancouver.  It was neat being
on campus and seeing so many deaf people interacting.
They only offer tours one day a week so we will go
try again in the future. 

Cool sign:
"Thank you for using American Sign Language!"























The last picture taken of me before I went into labor
Actually, I am pretty sure this is the activity that PUT me into labor......

  I decided to make matching tee shirts for Jonno and Teddy for Christmas.  "Papa Bear and Teddy Bear." I saw some online for $25 and thought "Phhhht I can make those for less!" I spent way more money and ended up with three ruined shirts. I was so frustrated! So I went upstairs and threw Jonathon's shirt at him and said "Merry Christmas- here is your stupid present!" Jonathon knew then that the baby was coming soon because my "hormones were acting up." Haha- he was right! I started having contractions about an hour later. :)

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I love these pictures too. You totally look 9 months pregnant in all these pictures! I love that cute round belly of yours. The picture of Jonno kissing your belly is so beautiful! You guys are so cute. I'm glad that Mom was there to capture all these beautiful moments of your family. Sorry the shirts didn't work. This is where you should've called me! But it was worth it to put you into labor. Love you!