
Welcome to my life the last 24 hours. The life of a wisdom tooth-less woman..
In the past 24 hours, I have eaten:
- 1 cup of apple sauce
- 1/2 a banana
- two bites of Susie's homemade chicken noodle soup
- four saltine crackers
- three sips of v8 fruit juice
In the past 24 hours. I have thrown up:
- some apple sauce
-two bites of chicken noodle soup
- a banana...
Okay, okay, you get the idea!!
My body is RARE in the way that for some reason, I can't metabolize medicine. The same percocet that will knock someone out or take away every ounce of pain, does not even affect me in the slightest. This has proved true for just about every type of pain killer and muscle relaxer I've ever tried the last few years.
SO, after having surgery done on your head, that can be a pretty painful thing. This same thing happened five years ago when I had my tonsils out and I ended up just throwing up every couple hours for a week until I healed. :( To try and get some effect, I need to take double, but by doing that, it makes for an upset stomach and I can't keep any food down. Sigh.
If I just don't move, I feel sick, but not enough to throw up. SOoo I am making a perma-mold on my couch of my body shape by only getting up when necessary! I've also discovered I'm really sensitive to lights and sounds right now so the TV doesn't sound good to watch, nor does typing this blog post!
THE PROCEDURE ITSELF WAS GREAT!
Dr. Greg Gillespie (who I work for) extracted my two bottom wisdom teeth yesterday morning. The procedure went great! I was totally knocked out and LaVonna is the sweetest assistant and was really cute and helped a lot too. I seriously love this office. (Cindy is kind of the 'office manager' and called me a few times yesterday to make sure I had someone to take care of me through out the day and make sure I'll be okay. Everyone in the office is just so incredibly nice. I LOVE them!!)
Susie, my mother-in-law, took me to and from the office, helped me get my prescriptions filled, has brought me down soup and food and ice packs and has done a great job taking care of me. She is genuinely a good-hearted woman through and through and I am grateful for her in my life.
Jonathon is the best husband and took an early lunch from work yesterday to make sure I was okay and has set all the timers so I don't miss taking my medicine so I won't be in pain. We had a sleep over in the living room on our couches so he could be close by to help. I love that man!

The sickly puke all bundled up! :)
3 comments:
Oh no...you need to let doctors and dentists know what you had when you have surgery in the future.
I hope you feel better and get full recovery before Christmas.
Merry Christmas without wisdom teeth :) and Enjoy my present. You will love it.
Love Mom
Oh fer sad! I hate feeling pukey. I hope you're doing better!
Oh nancy you are so cute when you're sick! (that sounds weird, but you really are.) I wish I could be there and take naps with you. That would be fun! (That's what Ryan would say.)
Post a Comment