Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy 5 year anniversary

Happy 5 year anniversary!!

I love Jonathon so very much.  
I've never felt like I can properly express how happy he makes me.

He is the smartest, funniest, most kind, loving, genuine person I've ever known. 

He's been the biggest blessing in my life. I really didn't know a love and happiness like this could exist before meeting him. Seriously.

We are currently LIVING THE DREAMS we created at that time we were married five years ago. 
And it's been -AWESOME-!  

Looking forward to accomplishing the new goals we've set for our future as we enter our next phase of life together. 
:)

Just a few highlights that have happened since August 4, 2007:
-Jonno getting accepted into BYU (he went from BARELY graduating high school with a 1.67 to graduating in the top 15% of his Comms dept at BYU!!)
-Getting our first dog, Cosmo
-Living in Nancy's mom's basement the first year of marriage
-Nancy was accepted into dental hygiene school
-Having our first apartment in Murray (We loved that apartment!)
-Renting out our second bedroom to pay for tuition.. (Love ya Andy!) 
-Being car-less for a year (learning to ride the bus and ask for lots of rides - ugh that's a memory I'm glad is over with)
-"college jobs" (working weird jobs to earn enough money to pay for tuition each semester... Best Buy, Subway, refereeing lacrosse games, donating plasma, HP, Wachovia... ack!)
 -Nancy passed all her boards for DH school           
       -graduated Summa cum Laude from Utah College of Dental Hygiene
-Nancy got licensed as an official Dental Hygienist
-Nancy's first job out of school at: The Center of Dental Professionals with Dr. Rosander
then Dr. Ellis (love them!) and Dr. Williamson (ick)
-Nancy runs the Utah Valley Marathon
-Jonathon graduates in Communications from BYU
-Moved to Washington!
-Jonno gets his first "big boy" job at Sentry Insurance
-Jonathon gets his first REAL job at Underwriters Laboratories
-Our first new WORKING CAR!!!!! (We LOVE!!!!!)
-Plenty of church callings along the way

In some ways, it seems like we got married just yesterday. Then again, I feel like I can't even remember what my life was life before Jonathon was part of it. 

One thing that is nice about getting married so young is that we really got the chance to grow up together. I think this is what has allowed us to bond so strongly.

If there is one thing I value in this world, it is JONATHON and our marriage.  
First and foremost, always. 

I LOVE YOU, JONNO!!!!!!



August 4, 2007



5 comments:

Shirley said...

This is so beautifully written!! You guys are perfect for each other and it's amazing to watch you realize your dreams. You've worked so hard and always have enjoyed the stage you are in, knowing that it wasn't permanent. I'm excited for the next 5 years in your life! First, a visit to watch BYU and play with family! ;)

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Aww how sweet! Sounds like you guys have really accomplished alot! I feel like the year I graduated Tyson and I accomplished alot graduating, selling/buying houses, getting pregnant/having our 1st child, getting jobs...etc. Anyway it's pretty cool to look back at times like these and just laugh at what we've had to go through to be where we are today and they actually are blessing because we've learned so much! So glad you guys are established and "living the dream!!"

PS: Next on the list is adding to the family...and I don't mean another dog ;) Miss you!!

Natalie said...

Hurray! What a great list! You're so good with writing. I'm only good at posting pictures with stupid little titles. Great job you two on 5 years!

Wes and Lindsey Cardall said...

Great accomplishments! Miss you! Hopefully our paths will cross sometime soon!! :)

Lisa said...

Congratulation and Happy five years anniversary!!!

You did good job to write and share about you and Jonathon :D

don't forget to add write "Next step: start a family" someday :D (Just tease lol)

I miss you both and I love you both

Mom