Monday, August 19, 2013

Updates: 23 weeks pregnant and our house

PregNANCY:

-I'm 23 1/2 weeks pregnant! Some quick updates:

I think this was 22 weeks-ish pregnant?
(I wanted to compare this dress to the photo from 6 weeks from the first pregnancy post!) 
A little better profile of the bump!

Little baby boy waving "HELLO!" 


22 weeks
22 weeks
 

Pregnancy Pros:

-I've had three ultrasounds- the last two, little guy got all comfy in a perfect position to not be able to see some important things like his heart and spine. Little stink!
-This little baby boy moves all around but especially at night when I get in bed and when there is loud music on
-I love the way my clothes fit right now. I can't fit in a lot of my old clothes much longer but I love the extra curves and especially this belly. It's so cute!
-My belly button is starting to be a permanent outie  (I'm not sure if this is a pro, but it just does it)
-Jonno is so cute taking care of me and his son. It's been amazing to watch him grow already and be a "protector."
-People LOVE babies. I can't believe how excited people get for me when I tell them I'm pregnant. My patients all light up!  It's fun :)


Pregnancy Cons:

-My ankles are officially cankles. I am looking up "pregnancy socks" to order on Google as I type this blog
---(My current socks leave imprints around my ankles for six hours after I take them off when I finish work- haha! Well, it was funny.. now it just kinda hurts and is still a little funny.)
-I've had lots of pain sensitivity -- my areas that were already sore before have increased (my lower back/hips, wrist, foot, and upper back)  and my feet have been KILLING me.  Apparently from the relaxin hormone relaxing all my ligaments to prep for the birth.
----Jonno finally realized maybe it's because of the extra weight on my feet? Makes sense to me.  (I've gained 20 lbs! Wow!)
-I get these migraine headache things (I call them "eye-grains") behind my right eye every now and then and random bloody noses
 -It's getting harder and harder to bend over to put on my shoes. Or get up once I'm sitting down.

I wish my family could be closer by. I think the hormones got me especially nostalgic the last couple weeks.  even got out my old memory box a couple weeks ago! I've been a little "homesick" for my family- just to have them around to see and laugh with and have them around for these little life milestones.    I LOVE living in the Northwest, just missing my true "HOME" sometimes.




OUR NEW HOUSE:

We bought our first house! And moved in last week.

Huge shout out of thanks to our awesome friend Dave Myers, Bob and Susie, Jared and Patricia Judd, and the two random boys walking by who I paid $10 to unload the truck for me when I was exhausted (well worth it!), who all helped in one way or another with our move.

We LOVE OUR HOUSE!!!!!!

Jonno unlocking the door for the first time!!


Ta-Da!!!  
The huge-A truck I got to drive!
We rented this for the day and brought home our new fridge, washer and dryer, and moved all our boxes.
Luckily we don't have much furniture- only our bedroom set and two chairs.

These are our welcoming presents from neighbors -
The Judds and Shannon from across the street. SO NICE!
We love our neighbors!!!

This is also the table we bought. And love!
We ate our first two meals yesterday of a breakfast burrito and then pizza for dinner. Yum! 


 Some nearby walking spots:

This is a pano from a view of the Round Lake- a .23 mile walk from our front door
We LOVE living here!!!!!!



Cosmo hopping along some rocks at the lake - I love the reflection of the trees on the water.

Cosmo and I walked down on Sunday morning around 7:30 and there was nobody around.
I leaned up against a rock and read a book while Cosmo explored.
Fish were jumping and birds singing and it was PERFECT weather.
I can't believe we live RIGHT HERE!!!!  


I still need to post more pictures of the gender reveal party (best party ever- hahah!), our 6 year anniversary, and all our stay-cation pictures from August. We've had the best month of our lives this last month and can't believe all the exciting things that are coming in the next few months!  Sooooo stay posted!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

You look so cute!! You're the cutest pregnant lady! I can't believe you already have an outie, that is so fun! I get so stretched out I don't think it's possible to have an outie. lol You absolutely don't look like you gained 20 pounds. You are still so skinny with the cutest bump! And you carry so high. I love it! And I love your new house! I can't wait to see more pictures and pictures of you guys just living there. That's one of the things I love about pictures in our home, when we move I'm sure they will be so nostalgic. I love you so much! Keep posting!! :)

Natalie said...

Love the preggie pics! I totally had an outie early on. That was the most stretched part of my belly and now my belly button is like twice the size :-p Your house is awesome and I love that table! AND I LOVE COSMO