My friend and incredible hair stylist Hillary Gillespie was doing my hair one night when she started talking about this nose straw for baby boogers I HAD to have. I said "See THAT is the sort of thing I need to know about. Since I haven't been a MOM yet, I don't know all those favorite items that I just HAVE to have." which she responded to by saying "Oh I'm already planning to get it for you for your baby shower!"
That led to the inspiration of the theme for the night of "My Favorite Things" where instead of registering for the unknown, I asked people to bring me whatever their most FAVORITE item was when they had a newborn.
I got some really great gifts-- again, I can't believe how thoughtful and kind people are. This has gotta be one special kid!
I didn't have my camera but here are some photos Susie took with hers:
![]() |
| Nancy, Teddy, and Grandma Susie |
![]() |
| The treats |
![]() |
| Some of the guests chatting |
![]() |
| Sweet Baby J - this is what we called Teddy before he was "Teddy" :) Our sweet baby J |
![]() |
| Presents! |

I got lots of CUTE baby clothes, a snot sucker, a little suit, cash to put towards my stroller and carseat, great gift cards, and blankets.
I think I'm just about set - all we need now is Teddy!
I think I'm just about set - all we need now is Teddy!









1 comment:
What a fun shower! You are so beautiful. I am so sad I can't be there with you and spoiling you. You spoiled me when you were here last. :) I love you so much and I'm so excited for this next stage in your life. You are going to rock it.
Post a Comment