Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pot-Luck Award

I won the Staff Meeting POTLUCK AWARD at the Gillespies office today for my Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars for:

"Participation, presentation, compliance, and excellence in being cool."


You could say they were a pretty big deal! So I decided I'd share the recipe with all four of my readers! :)


-Easy, yummy, all-American peanut butter and chocolate bars-

Ingredients:
-1 Cup butter, melted (I just used 1 1/2 sticks)
-2 Cups graham cracker crumbs
-2 Cups powdered sugar
-1 Cup peanut butter
-1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I love ghiradelli)
-4 tablespoons peanut butter (I used natural creamy from wal-mart, but any will do!)

DIRECTIONS:

1-In a medium bowl, mix together butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan
-For best results, refrigerate for 15 mins
2- Microwave chocolate chips and peanut butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Smooth over prepared crust. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.

Perhaps someday YOU too could be the next Potluck Award winner with these delights!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Nice job Nancy! I'm so proud. I hope if I DO win a potluck award that they include the "Excellence in being cool" in mine!!

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Mmm! That DOES sound good I'll have to try them :)

Hucks in the Hood said...

These were delicious (as I got to eat some of the leftovers!), and I was going to ask you for the recipe, so thanks for making it easy for me!