Saturday, August 31, 2013

Day trip to Canon Beach

Jonathon and I had a couple days off of work at the beginning of August and took a day trip to the coast. We had lots of fun relaxing! Here are some pictures:

In front of Haystack Rock
at Canon Beach, Oregon

Cosmo getting his vacay on

He looked so cute!  It was his first time to the beach - he liked it!
I think he is more of a mountain dog though - he loves hikes and trails and adventures.

Our station - it was perfect! We laid in the grassy area so we were not surrounded by people.
Jonno took a little nap and I caught up with journal writing.  

cuties


Awwwww!!!!!!

Me and Cosmo on the beach
I love this headband - you can get them at Claires for a couple dollars but it's a retro 50s style. Love it!
It was pretty windy on the beach - not a "get a sun tan" kinda beach. :)




Oregon Pride

We packed lunches (some dry peanut butter and honey sandwiches with the end slices of a loaf of bread) and ate them when we arrived to the beach.

On our drive home, we stopped and ate here at Camp 18. All the food was so BIG! We at meatloaf and ribs. Yum!

Can you find Cosmo in the front door??

The restaurant had this little mini model of the cabin/restuarant just Cosmo's size!

After lunch we decided to walk around the surrounding area and check it out.  There was this awesome river behind it!
Across the river was a mossy elephant?
Jonno and Cosmo walked across the stream to check it out. Cosmo had to swim some of the way since the water was high and it was so adorable! 





We've loved having "stay-cations" this year saving money and checking out all the local areas. So fun!

This is what you get when you come visit us soooooo COME VISIT US IN PORTLAND!!!

3 comments:

Lynsie Overman said...

I just may hit you up on that offer of visiting you! It looks so much fun and so pretty!! I love your puppy.

Shirley said...

Aw so cute! I wish we could do more of that around here! You look so cute in that headband. I wonder what I would look like in it. :) And Cosmo is so cute. He is going to be such a good big brother. ;)

Natalie said...

Cosmo looks so cute and happy.